Here’s our National Bodybuilding Co. Stage Ready Pre Workout review.
National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout is a ‘state of the art’ formulation for maximum athletic performance in the gym. It helps:
- Muscle buffering & hydration
- Muscle pumps & nitric oxide production
- Cellular energy production
- Mental focus, without the caffeine ‘crash’
With 30 servings per tub, National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout is meant to be taken just before your workouts. For beginners, half a scoop should be enough, while the experienced lifters are instructed to take 1 full scoop to take their training to the next level.
Sounds promising, but does it really work? In this National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout Review, we’ll see if the ingredients are effective and safely dosed, and more.
National Bodybuilding Co. is designed to boost all aspects of athletic performance.
1. Muscle Strength & Endurance
The creator of National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout says it will boost your physical strength and muscle performance.
This doesn’t look to be an empty promise as National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout actually uses ingredients that are supported by evidence to work.
Caffeine Anhydrous has a variety of positive effects on physical and mental performance – including muscle strength. A meta-analysis of 34 relevant studies found evidence that caffeine reliably boosts athletic strength and endurance, in both trained and beginner athletes. 
Another ingredient in National Bodybuilding Co. that is shown to be especially effective for gym goers is Beta-Alanine. It can boost your physical performance in the 60-240-second range, along with aiding lean muscle gain. Examine.com notes that Beta-Alanine also helps “buffer acid in muscles,” which only adds to its performance-boosting benefits.
2. Energy Production
National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout can raise your energy levels during exercise.
There is evidence that supports this reported effect. Infinergy Dicaffeine Malate provides clean, long-lasting energy without ‘the crash’.
On the other hand, you’re also provided with B vitamins which are essential for converting food into energy. 
Hydrating Coconut Water Powder is a good source of electrolytes which nourish muscle tissue and support cellular energy production in your mitochondria.
3. Vasodilation & Muscle Pumps
In addition to boosting energy and recovery, Cocos Nucifera nourishes your muscle tissue. It contains high amounts of electrolytes such as potassium which help balance out sodium levels while delivering nutrients into your muscles for bigger pumps. 
However, the ingredient in National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout with the biggest impact on muscle pumps is undoubtedly L-Citrulline DL-Malate. It has been shown to raise nitric oxide (NO) – a compound that dilates and loosens your blood vessels. 
4. Mental Focus
National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout also uses ingredients that are known for increasing cognitive capacities – primarily, your focus and willpower.
N-Acetyl Cysteine is a precursor to master-antioxidant glutathione, which helps reduce brain inflammation and alleviate brain fog. NAC has some benefits of its own, including a reduction in OCD symptoms and distracting thoughts. 
In terms of focus, L-Tyrosine is an excellent choice. This is a naturally occurring amino acid that boosts dopamine production in your brain. Tyrosine has been shown in studies to help maintain peak mental performance, even during sleep deprivation, chronic mental stress, or hard training. 
Inside each scoop (11.2g) of National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout are these ingredients;
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) (5mg)
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin (2.4mcg)
- L-Citrulline DL-Malate (1:1) (5g)
- Agmatine Sulfate (1.5g)
- Beta Alanine (1g)
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (500mg)
- L-Tyrosine (400mg)
- Coconut Water Powder (300mg)
- Citicoline (CDP-Choline) (250mg)
- Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg)
- Vaso6™ Green Tea Extract (150mg)
- Infinergy™ DiCaffeine Malate (100mg)
- Teacrine® (50mg)
You’ll notice that National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout doesn’t use proprietary blends.
This is excellent because it allows us to see the ingredient doses on the label – and by extension, it enables us to tell if they’re safely and effectively dosed.
The ingredients themselves are all well-studied and effective at what they’re claimed to do.
Apart from boosting energy and muscular endurance, this product also uses cognitive enhancers that help you to stay focused on your workout.
Flavors & Mixability
At the moment, National Bodybuilding Co. Stage Ready Pre Workout comes exclusively in “Fruit Punch” flavor.
In our experience, it tastes sweet but not too intense. We didn’t notice any artificial aftertaste either.
In terms of mixability, you can easily mix this with a spoon in a glass of water. Or, if you prefer, in a shaker bottle.
The ingredients in Stage Ready pre Workout aren’t known to cause major side effects for most people. The dosages are also well within the safe range.
Unless you’re sensitive to caffeine, in which case you’ll get best results from starting with half a scoop.
Price & Where to Buy?
National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout costs $48 per tub (30 servings).
If you want to check for best deals & prices, you can do so by following this link:
This concludes our National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout Review.
We feel that National Bodybuilding Co. Stage Ready Pre Workout is a transparent, safe, and well-thought-out supplement.
It features some of the best pre-workout ingredients currently on the market, all of which are clinically dosed for biggest impact on your exercise.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-mix pre-workout that will help you train harder for longer, but also feel better mentally throughout the day, National Bodybuilding Co. Pre Workout is worth checking.
- Warren GL, Park ND, Maresca RD, McKibans KI, Millard-Stafford ML. Effect of caffeine ingestion on muscular strength and endurance: a meta-analysis. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010;42(7):1375-1387. doi:10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181cabbd8
- Tardy AL, Pouteau E, Marquez D, Yilmaz C, Scholey A. Vitamins and Minerals for Energy, Fatigue and Cognition: A Narrative Review of the Biochemical and Clinical Evidence. Nutrients. 2020;12(1):228. Published 2020 Jan 16. doi:10.3390/nu12010228
- Orlando, L., Trangmar, S., Marins, D. D. M., Menezes, E., & Gisienne da Silva, R. (2014). Improved exercise capacity in the heat followed by coconut water consumption. Motriz: Revista de Educação Física, 20(1), 107-111. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1980-65742014000100016
- Tardiolo G, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Overview on the Effects of N-Acetylcysteine in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Molecules. 2018;23(12):3305. Published 2018 Dec 13. doi:10.3390/molecules23123305
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research; Marriott BM, editor. Food Components to Enhance Performance: An Evaluation of Potential Performance-Enhancing Food Components for Operational Rations. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1994. 15, Tyrosine and Stress: Human and Animal Studies.
- Moon JR, Vogel RM, Falcone PH, et al. A comparison of citrulline and arginine for increasing exercise-induced vasodilation and blood flow. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12(Suppl 1):P6. Published 2015 Sep 21. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-12-S1-P6